Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Trying to Keep Up

One thing that I do not understand about people is the indecent acquisition of debt upon themselves. I learned my lesson quicker than others, and I am still paying for it.

Is it really necessary to buy a $250,000 home? A 50k to 100k would probably do the trick.
Plasma flat screens are great, but do we need them? Of course extravagant cars are also a sore spot for me. My hubby, as you all know, drives a vette. Now, I do enjoy the ability for open air motoring, but damn! Why do people need Hummers? (no,no, I understand the "necessity" for those hummers, but the GM product is what I am referring to here.) Do they wake up one day and say, " I think I want to go broke and help ruin the environment all in one turn of a key today!"?

I know that I have nice things, but I do not let them run me. I do not wake up everyday hoping to spend more money and further my noticability with my neighbors.

I watched a certain reality show the other night, ( I swear, it was only by accident!), and it made me realize how shallow people are. How needed they are when it comes to STUFF!

G-D commands that there be no worship of a golden calf.....
He doesn't always literally mean a golden calf.

5 comments:

DarkMirror said...

AMEN.

Nicki said...

A $250K home here would get you in a starter home. That needs work. A lot of work.

Anonymous said...

Ditto to what Freak said. It's enough to make a girl want to move somewhere with a much more reasonable housing market.

None said...

A $250K house here in Calgary is a "fixer-upper". If you want something decent here you have to spend around $500K and up. As for the whole car thing... I drive a Mercedes SMART car. I get 80 mpg. I was once asked by a guy driving a Ford F350, "Don't you feel embarrassed driving that thing?". My response, "Don't you feel embarrassed to be driving that thing?".

Ranting said...

ok, ok guys I forget that not everyone lives in the same area as myself and darkmirror. Afixerupper here can start at about 35k to 50k. I guess I can consider myself lucky for living in northwest GA! If I went somewhere else in the country and tried to buy a house, I'd probably have a horrible case of sticker shock!