Sunday, July 09, 2006

To buy or not to buy, that is the argument...

I drive a 1999 Mercury Cougar. (Never mind that white piece of crap next to my car). It is black, and shiny, comfy, and it just feels like "home" to me, (even though, it does smell funny from time to time). It was used when we bought it 2 years ago. Apparently, certain people that live in my house do not like to work on the car when it needs it. Keep in mind it (knock on wood) it has never had any major motoring issues. The problem is always something minor. The window on the driver's side has a mind of it's own. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. The passenger window does not go down to well either. But, it is a good car and it gets me where I am going. I drive 30 miles one way to work. It recently had a new sound system installed. It is so damn hot here in Ga. That I hope to get windows tinted soon. I only owe a little over 3000 on it. It gets 22mpg & has 113,000 miles on it. My payments and insurance are both VERY affordable.




Other people are not so "in" to my ride. Why should I buy a new car? I need opinions on both sides. If I have to buy a new car, I have been looking at the G5 and the Caliber.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Your car is lovely. 99 was a good year for ford. One day it will be considered vintage. So what I say is don't let people make fun of you or your car. Don't let people who drive white corvettes laugh at you because you like your car.

Wait who are we talking about again?

Ranting said...

I luv y R, I knew I could depend on you to understand. I think that some silly people have finally had things that are large, white, and phallic go to their head. Thank goodness we are talking about a car. hehehe...

spin.lizzy said...

it sounds like you're happy with the car, and that's the most important thing if you're the one driving it.

i do love how those model Cougars look ... very sporty and fun.

Ranting said...

i do love my car so, and i get lots of complements on it. i did not realize that so many ppl liked this model until i bought one.

Nicki said...

I love my car. It's a '97 and I bought it new. Everytime I think about going to buy something new, I just don't have the heart to give her up.

Do what feels right to you. YOU have to drive the car, so YOUR opinion is all that matters.

Ranting said...

I do love my car, except I fear that one day it might just poop out. What to do, what to do. I guess I will keep it for a while and think on it.

PS- funny smell has now been taken care of...hehehe