Monday, June 05, 2006

The Corvette In My Life

So recently my husband and I purchased a 1994 Corvette. It is in great condition. We drove around town this weekend in it with the top off. Then we started looking for the long way home. Well, we found it about 8 hours later. It was a fantastic evening.
So the point of the story is this...My brother in law has car envy. Of course he refers to this as a phalic symbol of some sort...
The story is hilarious! I laughed out loud several times!
"Hey R, if it were super secret...Why talk about it?!" Gotta' love him!

Anywho....

So today's rant is this...Why must people speed up when you try to pass them on the interstate? Any time I try to pass a person no matter what they are driving, (whether it's a Chevette or a Corvette) they speed up.WTF. I think to my self this is not Nascar, (thank G-d), we are not drag racing...WHY MUST YOU SPEED UP??? (DISCLAIMER:This story does not usually occur in the Vette.)I catch my husband doing the same thing, if he's not focused on getting to where we're going. He could be in the fast lane (70MPH here people) doing 55-60...People are pissed, lots of fans telling us we are #1, but if they try to pass...HE SPEEDS UP! Why? I don't get it it must be psychological or something...

No comments: