Thursday, August 10, 2006

Effexor Hell

I am stuck in effexor hell! I would like to stop taking this medicine. Perhaps find something that has less side effects. Also, I would eventually like to start having children. You see, you can not take the effexor and nurse a baby. I would also like to get rid of my twitching eyebrow, quivering bottom lip and many other muscle issues, including weakness, I have received from said drug. Of course fatigue, nausea, vomiting and a bevy of goodies come along with this list of side effects. Effects my Dr did not tell me about. I take this med for social anxiety disorder. Also, it dulls the sharpness of a rabid temper that I have. When I try to dicuss this with the doc he just prescribes me a lower dose. To my knowledge, there is no lower dose than 37.5 mg. I am currently on that mg.

Eventually I will wean myself off. It will take about 8 wks to do so. Hopefully I will get through this without having any of the following happen: getting fired, getting divorced, or die.

I missed work today because I was so "drunk" with vertigo I could not drive, let alone get there and wield needles at my patients.

Has anyone else ever had this issue? I am sure I am not the only one.

5 comments:

adspain said...

I couldn't take that either. It raised my heartrate to double the usual rate & caused me to get sunburned everytime I left the house.

HappySurfer said...

Hi Ranting, thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment. Hope you are feeling better. Take care.

None said...

I took effexor for a few years until about a year ago. I was on a 75mg (?) dose. For about 2 weeks after I stopped taking it I had dizzy spells and felt like I was stoned most of the day. When it came time to sleep I would close my eyes and experience peculiar entoptics for most of the evening. Needless to say I didn't really get any sleep. There were some days that I could not get up to go to classes at the university. I was too dizzy with vertigo. I feel your pain ranting but it will pay off in the end if you ween yourself off!!! Good luck!

Lesley said...

I went through some hell a few years ago when I weaned myself off of Paxil. It was worth it in the end, but initially it was no freaking picnic.

Good luck with it. Sending good thoughts and prayers your way.

Nicki said...

Effexor made me mad rage. I hated that shit.